Volunteer Fire Departments offer some unique challenges to insurance companies.
The need to protect your volunteers, the unique challenges of damage your volunteers might cause in the course of fighting a fire, water damage potentials, environmental issues, the list goes on and on.
Most insurance companies are NOT experienced in handling these issues, and most don’t offer the customized coverages your organization requires.
Here’s just a few of the coverages our companies can offer that are unique to VFDs.
- Replacement cost coverage for firefighting vehicles and portable equipment
- Payment for a direct loss caused by freezing of equipment attached to an emergency vehicle
- Cost of recertification of pumper apparatus
- Automatic coverage increases for fire apparatus
- Errors and Ommissions (E&O) coverage for your organization, including your volunteers
- Medical first aid coverage – for liability claims resulting from rendering (or failure to render) medical first aid or assistance
- Good Samaritan coverage
- Protection for emergency operations involving hazardous materials
These are just a few of the many options we can offer that are tailored to a volunteer fire department. It takes a special kind of insurance company and a special kind of agency to properly insure VFDs.
We at Community Insurance Group can help you insure your organization properly.
About Community Insurance Group
Community Insurance Group is one of the largest independent insurance agencies in West Central Ohio with offices located in Sidney, Minster and Fort Loramie. We take pride in offering a wide range of insurance carriers and products, and work hard to create a successful and viable resource our communities can depend on. We specialize in Agribusiness and Farms, Contractors, Energy Dealers, Manufacturers, Trucking, Underground Storage Tanks, and Emergency Service Organizations.