Halloween can be a busy time of year for insurance adjusters as the “Trick” portion of the evening can sometimes get out of hand. And, while it’s always nice when Halloween falls on a Saturday, weekend festivities tend to get out of hand a little easier than weekday parties.
Some common situations that occur are: slips and falls on your premises, vandalism to your property, tipsy partiers leaving your party, theft, fires, damage to grave markers and dog bites. Most, if not all of these would be covered by a Homeowners or Renters insurance policy.
Here are some tips to have a claims-free Halloween:
– Lock cars, close windows and turn on car alarms
– Leave the lights on at your house, especially if you aren’t home
– Drive slow in neighborhoods full of zombies, minions and Frozen’s Elsa and Anna
– Keep walkways and paths well-lit and clear to avoid falling trick-or-treaters
– Keep dogs on a leash
– Don’t put candles where kids or pets can knock them over
– Don’t let children play with candles, matches or lighters
– Don’t put candles in bedrooms or sleeping locations
– Don’t leave candles unattended or on overnight
– Even better, use battery-operated candles
– Call a cab if things get out of hand
About Community Insurance Group
Community Insurance Group is one of the largest independent insurance agencies in West Central Ohio with offices located in Sidney, Minster and Fort Loramie. We serve clients throughout Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Community Insurance Group takes pride in offering a wide range of insurance carriers and products, and works hard to create a successful and viable resource our communities can depend on. We specialize in Agribusiness and Farms, Contractors, Energy Dealers, Manufacturers, Trucking, Underground Storage Tanks, Emergency Service Organizations and Volunteer Fire Departments.